Eagle Homes are Built on a Sound Foundation of Quality & Traditional Craftsmanship
Once your lot has been purchased, you will start the creative process of putting your dreams and ideas on paper. An important part of a custom-built home is the delicate balance of what you need, what you want, and what you have budgeted for the project. When you are satisfied with the balance, the project can be completed without unhappy surprises or costly last minute changes.
How Do I Get Started?
1. Contact Us: David Nowers at 615.496.3605. We will then discuss your project and schedule an appointment. We request that all decision makers be present for our initial meeting. This helps us all get to know each other and ensure your project and Eagle Development Group are a good fit for each other.
2. The Appointment: We will come to your home to discuss your overall wants and needs. At this meeting, we will get your ideas, give design suggestions and find out what is important to you and your family. We will review our pre-construction planning and building process and how it is structured to ensure your project's success. Additionally, we will discuss the overall project budget so that we can design within that budget. It is a good idea to have some notes and budget items written down. This will help with the discussion.
3. Design Agreement: Next, your project will require a comprehensive plan to get the project started. Our Custom-Home Pre-Construction Agreement will be drawn up for your review. The cost for these services will vary based on the scope of work for your project. Once approved the design process begins.
4. Design Approval & Scope of Work: After the design has been approved, we will prepare a scope of work. This is a detailed description of the work, broken down to each step of the construction process from concrete to framing to electrical. We will schedule a meeting for all trades and subcontractors to review the drawings and the project site for the purpose of pricing.
Eagle will gather pricing and adjust the scope of work, if needed. You will be presented with a final scope of work and a budget for your project.
5. Material Selections: In addition, we will be working with you to complete the material selections required for your project. The more selections that are made prior to contract the better. A supplier list for appliances, flooring material, plumbing fixtures, lighting and other supplies will be given to you during the design phase.
We can set up appointments for you to select materials. Our suppliers will then send all of the specifications and details of your selections to us.
6. Construction Agreement: Once the scope of work and design are agreed upon, a construction agreement will be signed. The construction agreement with initial deposit will start our process. Our process includes ordering long lead time items and finalizing any structural designs and required engineering that will be submitted to the City or County. Depending on the complexity of the project, this process can take one to three months.
At this time, all material selections should be finalized. Having the materials selected and ordered prior to construction start is critical to keeping the project schedule moving forward without delay. Many items like windows, doors and cabinetry can require a 6+ weeks lead time.
7. Construction Begins: You will be provided an outline of the time frame for your project. You can always contact us with any questions. Our goal is to have work completed on a daily basis to move the project along quickly to completion.
8. Walk Through: Prior to completion of the project, a walk through will be conducted to record any small items or details that may need to be completed before final payment is made.
9. Closing the Project: Upon completion of your project, you will receive a one-year limited warranty on workmanship and materials. Our goal is to have you as a client for life. If you have questions or concerns after your project has been completed, we are only a phone call away!